Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 11:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 11:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.29 meters/second, 1531.1 km/hour, 951.4 miles/hour or 826.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||North||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 16.5"||951.12 mi||West||0° 06' 25.5"||7.37 mi||North||951.43 mi|
|24 hours||14° 05' 47.1"||930.78 mi||East||3° 05' 33.2"||212.64 mi||North||961.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Sun 9:32 PM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Sun 9:32 PM||949 km||590 miles||513 nm||NNW|
|Brisbane||Sun 9:32 PM||1148 km||713 miles||620 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Sun 10:32 PM||1336 km||830 miles||721 nm||NE|
|Sydney||Sun 9:32 PM||1831 km||1138 miles||989 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Sun 10:32 PM||1878 km||1167 miles||1014 nm||E|
|Alice Springs||Sun 9:02 PM||1881 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Sun 8:32 PM||1964 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||NW|
|Canberra||Sun 9:32 PM||1993 km||1238 miles||1076 nm||S|
|Darwin||Sun 9:02 PM||2195 km||1364 miles||1185 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.