Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 20:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 20:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.87 meters/second, 1540.3 km/hour, 957.1 miles/hour or 831.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.95 mi||west||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||north||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 38.6"||956.91 mi||west||0° 07' 30.8"||8.61 mi||north||957.26 mi|
|24 hours||13° 55' 04.3"||924.20 mi||east||3° 28' 39.8"||239.10 mi||north||961.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Menongue||Sun 9:50 PM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||NNE|
|Lubango||Sun 9:50 PM||369 km||230 miles||199 nm||WNW|
|Rundu||Sun 9:50 PM||379 km||235 miles||205 nm||ESE|
|Huambo||Sun 9:50 PM||399 km||248 miles||215 nm||NNW|
|Luena||Sun 9:50 PM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||NE|
|Windhoek||Sun 9:50 PM||698 km||434 miles||377 nm||S|
|Mongu||Sun 10:50 PM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||E|
|Malanje||Sun 9:50 PM||745 km||463 miles||402 nm||N|
|Walvis Bay||Sun 9:50 PM||773 km||480 miles||417 nm||SSW|
|Ghanzi||Sun 10:50 PM||799 km||496 miles||431 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.