Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 21:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 21:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.93 meters/second, 1540.5 km/hour, 957.2 miles/hour or 831.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.95 mi||west||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||north||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 38.9"||957.04 mi||west||0° 07' 32.2"||8.64 mi||north||957.38 mi|
|24 hours||13° 54' 50.7"||924.06 mi||east||3° 29' 05.7"||239.59 mi||north||961.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lubango||Sun 10:00 PM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||NNW|
|Huambo||Sun 10:00 PM||429 km||266 miles||232 nm||NNE|
|Menongue||Sun 10:00 PM||437 km||271 miles||236 nm||ENE|
|Rundu||Sun 10:00 PM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||ESE|
|Walvis Bay||Sun 10:00 PM||744 km||463 miles||402 nm||S|
|Windhoek||Sun 10:00 PM||773 km||480 miles||417 nm||SSE|
|Malanje||Sun 10:00 PM||785 km||488 miles||424 nm||NNE|
|Luena||Sun 10:00 PM||810 km||503 miles||437 nm||NE|
|Luanda||Sun 10:00 PM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||N|
|Uíge||Sun 10:00 PM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.