Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 21:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 21:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.03 meters/second, 1540.9 km/hour, 957.5 miles/hour or 832.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.96 mi||west||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||north||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 39.9"||957.32 mi||west||0° 07' 34.4"||8.68 mi||north||957.67 mi|
|24 hours||13° 54' 26.1"||923.87 mi||east||3° 29' 52.5"||240.50 mi||north||962.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lubango||Sun 10:20 PM||485 km||302 miles||262 nm||ENE|
|Huambo||Sun 10:20 PM||803 km||499 miles||434 nm||ENE|
|Luanda||Sun 10:20 PM||928 km||576 miles||501 nm||NNE|
|Menongue||Sun 10:20 PM||931 km||579 miles||503 nm||E|
|Walvis Bay||Sun 10:20 PM||933 km||580 miles||504 nm||SE|
|Windhoek||Sun 10:20 PM||1090 km||677 miles||589 nm||SE|
|Kinshasa||Sun 10:20 PM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||NNE|
|Brazzaville||Sun 10:20 PM||1481 km||920 miles||800 nm||NNE|
|Jamestown||Sun 9:20 PM||1593 km||990 miles||860 nm||W|
|Libreville||Sun 10:20 PM||1836 km||1141 miles||992 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.