Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 9:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.17 meters/second, 1541.4 km/hour, 957.8 miles/hour or 832.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 41.2"||957.57 mi||West||0° 07' 37.6"||8.74 mi||North||957.92 mi|
|24 hours||13° 53' 50.6"||923.43 mi||East||3° 30' 59.6"||241.76 mi||North||961.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sun 9:50 PM||851 km||529 miles||459 nm||W|
|Luanda||Sun 10:50 PM||1443 km||897 miles||779 nm||ENE|
|Windhoek||Sun 10:50 PM||1713 km||1065 miles||925 nm||ESE|
|São Tomé||Sun 9:50 PM||1889 km||1174 miles||1020 nm||NNE|
|Kinshasa||Sun 10:50 PM||1938 km||1204 miles||1046 nm||NE|
|Brazzaville||Sun 10:50 PM||1940 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||NE|
|Libreville||Sun 10:50 PM||1994 km||1239 miles||1077 nm||NNE|
|Malabo||Sun 10:50 PM||2316 km||1439 miles||1251 nm||NNE|
|Accra||Sun 9:50 PM||2414 km||1500 miles||1304 nm||N|
|Yaoundé||Sun 10:50 PM||2439 km||1515 miles||1317 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.