Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 1:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 01:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.16 meters/second, 1545.0 km/hour, 960.0 miles/hour or 834.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||16.00 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||North||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 50.2"||959.80 mi||West||0° 07' 59.3"||9.16 mi||North||960.15 mi|
|24 hours||13° 49' 39.8"||920.77 mi||East||3° 38' 31.6"||250.39 mi||North||961.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brasilia||Sun 10:10 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||W|
|Montes Claros||Sun 10:10 PM||236 km||146 miles||127 nm||ESE|
|Goiânia||Sun 10:10 PM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||WSW|
|Belo Horizonte||Sun 10:10 PM||506 km||314 miles||273 nm||SSE|
|Salvador||Sun 10:10 PM||847 km||526 miles||457 nm||ENE|
|Rio de Janeiro||Sun 10:10 PM||849 km||527 miles||458 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo||Sun 10:10 PM||871 km||541 miles||471 nm||S|
|Recife||Sun 10:10 PM||1459 km||907 miles||788 nm||NE|
|Fortaleza||Sun 10:10 PM||1548 km||962 miles||836 nm||NNE|
|Belém||Sun 10:10 PM||1605 km||997 miles||866 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.