Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 2:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 02:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.41 meters/second, 1545.9 km/hour, 960.6 miles/hour or 834.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||16.01 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 52.7"||960.36 mi||West||0° 08' 04.7"||9.26 mi||North||960.72 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 36.0"||920.09 mi||East||3° 40' 21.4"||252.48 mi||North||961.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cuiabá||Sun 10:00 PM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||E|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Sun 10:00 PM||347 km||215 miles||187 nm||WSW|
|Barra do Garças||Sun 11:00 PM||597 km||371 miles||322 nm||E|
|Santa Cruz||Sun 10:00 PM||620 km||385 miles||335 nm||WSW|
|Sucre||Sun 10:00 PM||877 km||545 miles||474 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia||Sun 11:00 PM||1066 km||662 miles||575 nm||E|
|Asuncion||Sun 10:00 PM||1071 km||666 miles||579 nm||S|
|La Paz||Sun 10:00 PM||1107 km||688 miles||598 nm||W|
|Rio Branco||Sun 10:00 PM||1251 km||777 miles||676 nm||WNW|
|Manaus||Sun 10:00 PM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.