Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 2:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 02:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.51 meters/second, 1546.2 km/hour, 960.8 miles/hour or 834.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||16.01 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 53.6"||960.59 mi||West||0° 08' 06.9"||9.30 mi||North||960.94 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 10.3"||919.82 mi||East||3° 41' 04.8"||253.31 mi||North||961.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Sun 10:20 PM||200 km||124 miles||108 nm||ESE|
|Santa Cruz||Sun 10:20 PM||253 km||157 miles||137 nm||SSW|
|Cochabamba||Sun 10:20 PM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||WSW|
|Sucre||Sun 10:20 PM||476 km||295 miles||257 nm||SW|
|La Paz||Sun 10:20 PM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||W|
|Riberalta||Sun 10:20 PM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||NW|
|Fuerte Olimpo||Sun 10:20 PM||787 km||489 miles||425 nm||SE|
|Rio Branco||Sun 10:20 PM||836 km||520 miles||452 nm||NW|
|Arequipa||Sun 9:20 PM||958 km||595 miles||517 nm||W|
|Asuncion||Sun 10:20 PM||1195 km||743 miles||645 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.