Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 2:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 02:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.66 meters/second, 1546.8 km/hour, 961.1 miles/hour or 835.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 55.0"||960.93 mi||West||0° 08' 09.9"||9.36 mi||North||961.29 mi|
|24 hours||13° 47' 31.7"||919.40 mi||East||3° 42' 09.7"||254.55 mi||North||961.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arequipa||Sun 9:50 PM||208 km||129 miles||112 nm||WSW|
|La Paz||Sun 10:50 PM||214 km||133 miles||115 nm||ESE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sun 9:50 PM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||NW|
|Cobija||Sun 10:50 PM||508 km||316 miles||274 nm||NNE|
|Sucre||Sun 10:50 PM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||SE|
|Riberalta||Sun 10:50 PM||643 km||400 miles||347 nm||NE|
|Rio Branco||Sun 10:50 PM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Sun 9:50 PM||866 km||538 miles||468 nm||WNW|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Sun 10:50 PM||955 km||593 miles||516 nm||E|
|Asuncion||Sun 10:50 PM||1670 km||1038 miles||902 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.