Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 3:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 03:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.81 meters/second, 1547.3 km/hour, 961.5 miles/hour or 835.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 56.4"||961.27 mi||West||0° 08' 13.2"||9.42 mi||North||961.63 mi|
|24 hours||13° 46' 53.0"||918.98 mi||East||3° 43' 13.9"||255.77 mi||North||961.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ica||Sun 10:20 PM||207 km||128 miles||112 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sun 10:20 PM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||N|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sun 10:20 PM||548 km||341 miles||296 nm||ENE|
|Arequipa||Sun 10:20 PM||599 km||372 miles||324 nm||E|
|La Paz||Sun 11:20 PM||961 km||597 miles||519 nm||E|
|Cobija||Sun 11:20 PM||1020 km||634 miles||551 nm||ENE|
|Rio Branco||Sun 11:20 PM||1169 km||726 miles||631 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Sun 11:20 PM||1314 km||817 miles||710 nm||ESE|
|Guayaquil||Sun 10:20 PM||1495 km||929 miles||807 nm||NNW|
|Quito||Sun 10:20 PM||1690 km||1050 miles||912 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.