Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 3:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 03:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.86 meters/second, 1547.5 km/hour, 961.6 miles/hour or 835.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 57.0"||961.38 mi||West||0° 08' 14.2"||9.44 mi||North||961.74 mi|
|24 hours||13° 46' 40.0"||918.84 mi||East||3° 43' 35.2"||256.18 mi||North||961.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lima||Sun 10:30 PM||453 km||281 miles||244 nm||NE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sun 10:30 PM||787 km||489 miles||425 nm||ENE|
|La Paz||Sun 11:30 PM||1217 km||756 miles||657 nm||E|
|Rio Branco||Sun 11:30 PM||1398 km||868 miles||755 nm||ENE|
|Guayaquil||Sun 10:30 PM||1459 km||907 miles||788 nm||N|
|Sucre||Sun 11:30 PM||1560 km||970 miles||843 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Sun 10:30 PM||1681 km||1045 miles||908 nm||N|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 9:30 PM||1954 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||NW|
|Santiago||Sun 11:30 PM||2184 km||1357 miles||1179 nm||SSE|
|Bogota||Sun 10:30 PM||2294 km||1425 miles||1238 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.