Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, August 19, 2013 at 07:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 07:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.00 meters/second, 1551.6 km/hour, 964.1 miles/hour or 837.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.07 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||north||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 07.9"||963.99 mi||west||0° 08' 36.7"||9.87 mi||north||964.36 mi|
|24 hours||13° 41' 50.0"||915.76 mi||east||3° 51' 12.9"||264.92 mi||north||960.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 10:10 PM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||SSW|
|Taiohae||Sun 9:40 PM||996 km||619 miles||538 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Sun 11:10 PM||1156 km||718 miles||624 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sun 9:10 PM||1839 km||1143 miles||993 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island||Mon 1:10 AM||2761 km||1715 miles||1491 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 9:10 PM||2960 km||1839 miles||1598 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 9:10 PM||3298 km||2049 miles||1781 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 8:10 PM||3996 km||2483 miles||2158 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Mon 8:10 PM||4224 km||2625 miles||2281 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 8:10 PM||4247 km||2639 miles||2293 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.