Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 7:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 07:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.20 meters/second, 1552.3 km/hour, 964.6 miles/hour or 838.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 09.9"||964.37 mi||West||0° 08' 40.5"||9.94 mi||North||964.74 mi|
|24 hours||13° 40' 58.2"||915.13 mi||East||3° 52' 30.4"||266.39 mi||North||960.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 10:20 PM||693 km||431 miles||374 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Sun 9:50 PM||872 km||542 miles||471 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 11:50 PM||1678 km||1043 miles||906 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 9:50 PM||2019 km||1254 miles||1090 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 9:50 PM||2506 km||1557 miles||1353 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 8:50 PM||3016 km||1874 miles||1629 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Mon 8:50 PM||3220 km||2001 miles||1739 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 8:50 PM||3241 km||2014 miles||1750 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 8:50 PM||3587 km||2229 miles||1937 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island||Mon 1:50 AM||3638 km||2260 miles||1964 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.