Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 8:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 08:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.25 meters/second, 1552.5 km/hour, 964.7 miles/hour or 838.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.17 mi||North||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 10.5"||964.49 mi||West||0° 08' 41.6"||9.96 mi||North||964.86 mi|
|24 hours||13° 40' 45.0"||914.98 mi||East||3° 52' 50.3"||266.76 mi||North||960.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 10:00 PM||638 km||397 miles||345 nm||WSW|
|Taiohae||Sun 10:30 PM||827 km||514 miles||446 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 10:00 PM||1784 km||1109 miles||964 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Midnight Sun-Mon||1872 km||1163 miles||1011 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 10:00 PM||2333 km||1450 miles||1260 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 9:00 PM||2765 km||1718 miles||1493 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Mon 9:00 PM||2961 km||1840 miles||1599 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 9:00 PM||2985 km||1855 miles||1612 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 9:00 PM||3340 km||2075 miles||1803 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island||Mon 2:00 AM||3870 km||2405 miles||2090 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.