Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 8:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.30 meters/second, 1552.7 km/hour, 964.8 miles/hour or 838.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 11.0"||964.60 mi||West||0° 08' 42.6"||9.98 mi||North||964.98 mi|
|24 hours||13° 40' 31.6"||914.83 mi||East||3° 53' 10.1"||267.14 mi||North||960.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 10:10 PM||432 km||269 miles||233 nm||SW|
|Taiohae||Sun 10:40 PM||1012 km||629 miles||546 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 10:10 PM||1556 km||967 miles||840 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 12:10 AM||2079 km||1292 miles||1122 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 10:10 PM||2178 km||1353 miles||1176 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Sun 9:10 PM||2514 km||1562 miles||1358 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Mon 9:10 PM||2703 km||1679 miles||1459 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 9:10 PM||2729 km||1696 miles||1473 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 9:10 PM||3093 km||1922 miles||1670 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 8:10 PM||3668 km||2279 miles||1981 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.