Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 8:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 08:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.40 meters/second, 1553.1 km/hour, 965.0 miles/hour or 838.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 12.0"||964.84 mi||West||0° 08' 44.4"||10.02 mi||North||965.21 mi|
|24 hours||13° 40' 05.0"||914.54 mi||East||3° 53' 49.4"||267.89 mi||North||960.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sun 10:30 PM||201 km||125 miles||109 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sun 10:30 PM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 10:30 PM||1133 km||704 miles||612 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 10:30 PM||1941 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Sun 9:30 PM||2016 km||1253 miles||1089 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Mon 9:30 PM||2185 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 9:30 PM||2220 km||1380 miles||1199 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Mon 12:30 AM||2516 km||1563 miles||1358 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 9:30 PM||2603 km||1618 miles||1406 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 8:30 PM||3203 km||1990 miles||1729 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.