Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 8:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 08:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.46 meters/second, 1553.2 km/hour, 965.1 miles/hour or 838.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 12.6"||964.95 mi||West||0° 08' 45.5"||10.04 mi||North||965.32 mi|
|24 hours||13° 39' 51.6"||914.39 mi||East||3° 54' 08.9"||268.26 mi||North||960.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 10:40 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 10:40 PM||953 km||592 miles||515 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Sun 9:40 PM||1770 km||1100 miles||956 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 10:40 PM||1868 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Mon 9:40 PM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 9:40 PM||1969 km||1223 miles||1063 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 9:40 PM||2361 km||1467 miles||1275 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 12:40 AM||2742 km||1704 miles||1481 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Mon 8:40 PM||2974 km||1848 miles||1606 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 8:40 PM||2977 km||1850 miles||1608 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.