Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, August 19, 2013 at 08:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 08:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.51 meters/second, 1553.4 km/hour, 965.3 miles/hour or 838.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.09 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||north||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 13.1"||965.08 mi||west||0° 08' 46.6"||10.06 mi||north||965.45 mi|
|24 hours||13° 39' 36.7"||914.23 mi||east||3° 54' 30.7"||268.68 mi||north||959.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sun 10:50 PM||802 km||498 miles||433 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Sun 10:50 PM||818 km||508 miles||442 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sun 9:50 PM||1499 km||931 miles||809 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Mon 9:50 PM||1639 km||1018 miles||885 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 9:50 PM||1696 km||1054 miles||916 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 10:50 PM||1828 km||1136 miles||987 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Mon 9:50 PM||2095 km||1302 miles||1131 nm||WSW|
|Suva||Mon 8:50 PM||2693 km||1673 miles||1454 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Mon 8:50 PM||2721 km||1690 miles||1469 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sun 8:50 PM||2735 km||1700 miles||1477 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.