Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, August 19, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.56 meters/second, 1553.6 km/hour, 965.4 miles/hour or 838.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.09 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||north||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 13.7"||965.26 mi||west||0° 08' 47.5"||10.08 mi||north||965.64 mi|
|24 hours||13° 39' 23.3"||914.14 mi||east||3° 54' 50.1"||269.07 mi||north||960.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:00 PM||736 km||457 miles||397 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sun 11:00 PM||1060 km||659 miles||572 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sun 10:00 PM||1261 km||783 miles||681 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Mon 10:00 PM||1380 km||857 miles||745 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 10:00 PM||1452 km||902 miles||784 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:00 PM||1833 km||1139 miles||990 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Mon 10:00 PM||1859 km||1155 miles||1004 nm||WSW|
|Suva||Mon 9:00 PM||2440 km||1516 miles||1317 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Mon 9:00 PM||2467 km||1533 miles||1332 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sun 9:00 PM||2527 km||1570 miles||1364 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.