Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 9:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.56 meters/second, 1553.6 km/hour, 965.4 miles/hour or 838.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 13.5"||965.18 mi||West||0° 08' 47.3"||10.07 mi||North||965.56 mi|
|24 hours||13° 39' 24.9"||914.10 mi||East||3° 54' 48.0"||269.01 mi||North||959.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:00 PM||739 km||459 miles||399 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sun 11:00 PM||1033 km||642 miles||558 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sun 10:00 PM||1287 km||800 miles||695 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Mon 10:00 PM||1409 km||875 miles||761 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 10:00 PM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:00 PM||1831 km||1138 miles||989 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Mon 10:00 PM||1885 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||WSW|
|Suva||Mon 9:00 PM||2468 km||1534 miles||1333 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Mon 9:00 PM||2497 km||1552 miles||1348 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sun 9:00 PM||2550 km||1584 miles||1377 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.