Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 9:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 09:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.66 meters/second, 1554.0 km/hour, 965.6 miles/hour or 839.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 14.6"||965.42 mi||West||0° 08' 49.3"||10.11 mi||North||965.79 mi|
|24 hours||13° 38' 58.1"||913.80 mi||East||3° 55' 26.8"||269.75 mi||North||959.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Sun 10:20 PM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:20 PM||838 km||521 miles||452 nm||SSE|
|Alofi||Sun 10:20 PM||840 km||522 miles||454 nm||SW|
|Apia||Mon 10:20 PM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||W|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Mon 10:20 PM||941 km||584 miles||508 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 10:20 PM||1013 km||630 miles||547 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 10:20 PM||1431 km||889 miles||773 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Sun 11:20 PM||1531 km||952 miles||827 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:20 PM||1944 km||1208 miles||1049 nm||NNE|
|Suva||Mon 9:20 PM||1965 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.