Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 9:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 09:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.71 meters/second, 1554.2 km/hour, 965.7 miles/hour or 839.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 15.2"||965.53 mi||West||0° 08' 50.2"||10.13 mi||North||965.91 mi|
|24 hours||13° 38' 44.6"||913.65 mi||East||3° 55' 46.2"||270.12 mi||North||959.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Sun 10:30 PM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||W|
|Apia||Mon 10:30 PM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sun 10:30 PM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||SW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Mon 10:30 PM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 10:30 PM||810 km||503 miles||437 nm||NW|
|Neiafu||Mon 10:30 PM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:30 PM||987 km||613 miles||533 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 10:30 PM||1220 km||758 miles||659 nm||SW|
|Suva||Mon 9:30 PM||1715 km||1066 miles||926 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Mon 9:30 PM||1751 km||1088 miles||946 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.