Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, August 19, 2013 at 09:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 09:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.72 meters/second, 1554.2 km/hour, 965.7 miles/hour or 839.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.09 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||north||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 15.2"||965.55 mi||west||0° 08' 50.5"||10.13 mi||north||965.92 mi|
|24 hours||13° 38' 43.2"||913.63 mi||east||3° 55' 48.2"||270.16 mi||north||959.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Sun 10:30 PM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||W|
|Apia||Mon 10:30 PM||604 km||375 miles||326 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sun 10:30 PM||635 km||394 miles||343 nm||SW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Mon 10:30 PM||654 km||406 miles||353 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 10:30 PM||792 km||492 miles||428 nm||NW|
|Neiafu||Mon 10:30 PM||944 km||587 miles||510 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:30 PM||1006 km||625 miles||543 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 10:30 PM||1198 km||744 miles||647 nm||SW|
|Suva||Mon 9:30 PM||1687 km||1048 miles||911 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Mon 9:30 PM||1722 km||1070 miles||930 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.