Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 10:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 10:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.87 meters/second, 1554.7 km/hour, 966.1 miles/hour or 839.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 16.7"||965.88 mi||West||0° 08' 53.2"||10.18 mi||North||966.26 mi|
|24 hours||13° 38' 04.4"||913.20 mi||East||3° 56' 43.6"||271.21 mi||North||959.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Mon 11:00 PM||131 km||81 miles||71 nm||NE|
|Apia||Mon 11:00 PM||167 km||103 miles||90 nm||ENE|
|Pago Pago||Sun 11:00 PM||266 km||165 miles||144 nm||E|
|Mata-Utu||Mon 10:00 PM||350 km||217 miles||189 nm||WNW|
|Neiafu||Mon 11:00 PM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||S|
|Pangai||Mon 11:00 PM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 11:00 PM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||NNE|
|Alofi||Sun 11:00 PM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||SSE|
|Atafu||Mon 11:00 PM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Mon 11:00 PM||767 km||477 miles||414 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.