Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 10:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.92 meters/second, 1554.9 kilometres/hour, 966.2 miles/hour or 839.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 17.3"||966.00 mi||West||0° 08' 54.1"||10.20 mi||North||966.37 mi|
|24 hours||13° 37' 50.9"||913.06 mi||East||3° 57' 02.7"||271.58 mi||North||959.63 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mata-Utu||Mon 10:10 PM||143 km||89 miles||77 nm||NNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Mon 11:10 PM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||ENE|
|Apia||Mon 11:10 PM||416 km||258 miles||224 nm||E|
|Neiafu||Mon 11:10 PM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||SSE|
|Pago Pago||Sun 11:10 PM||525 km||326 miles||283 nm||E|
|Labasa||Mon 10:10 PM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||WSW|
|Pangai||Mon 11:10 PM||606 km||377 miles||327 nm||SSE|
|Atafu||Mon 11:10 PM||734 km||456 miles||396 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 11:10 PM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 11:10 PM||740 km||460 miles||400 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.