Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 11:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 11:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.18 meters/second, 1555.9 km/hour, 966.8 miles/hour or 840.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||North||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 19.9"||966.58 mi||West||0° 08' 58.8"||10.29 mi||North||966.96 mi|
|24 hours||346° 23' 16.3"||912.31 mi||West||3° 58' 37.3"||273.38 mi||North||959.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Mon 10:00 PM||579 km||360 miles||312 nm||SW|
|Luganville||Mon 10:00 PM||579 km||360 miles||312 nm||WSW|
|Lautoka||Mon 11:00 PM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||SE|
|Nadi||Mon 11:00 PM||658 km||409 miles||356 nm||SE|
|Suva||Mon 11:00 PM||768 km||477 miles||415 nm||SE|
|Labasa||Mon 11:00 PM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Mon 11:00 PM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||NE|
|Noumea||Mon 10:00 PM||1082 km||672 miles||584 nm||SW|
|Honiara||Mon 10:00 PM||1461 km||908 miles||789 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Midnight Mon-Tue||1513 km||940 miles||817 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.