Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 12:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 12:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.55 meters/second, 1557.2 km/hour, 967.6 miles/hour or 840.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.13 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 23.5"||967.40 mi||West||0° 09' 05.5"||10.42 mi||North||967.78 mi|
|24 hours||13° 35' 08.9"||911.25 mi||East||4° 00' 47.3"||275.86 mi||North||959.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gizo||Mon 11:10 PM||683 km||425 miles||369 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Mon 11:10 PM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||NE|
|Arawa||Mon 10:10 PM||877 km||545 miles||474 nm||N|
|Buka||Mon 10:10 PM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||N|
|Port Moresby||Mon 10:10 PM||1053 km||654 miles||569 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Mon 10:10 PM||1096 km||681 miles||592 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Mon 11:10 PM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Mon 11:10 PM||1457 km||905 miles||786 nm||SE|
|Brisbane||Mon 10:10 PM||1498 km||931 miles||809 nm||S|
|Yaren||Tue 12:10 AM||1956 km||1215 miles||1056 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.