Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 1:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 13:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.86 meters/second, 1558.3 km/hour, 968.3 miles/hour or 841.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 26.8"||968.10 mi||West||0° 09' 11.0"||10.52 mi||North||968.48 mi|
|24 hours||13° 33' 47.5"||910.33 mi||East||4° 02' 36.4"||277.94 mi||North||958.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weipa||Mon 11:10 PM||168 km||104 miles||90 nm||NNE|
|Cairns||Mon 11:10 PM||590 km||367 miles||319 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Mon 11:10 PM||827 km||514 miles||447 nm||NE|
|Mount Hagen||Mon 11:10 PM||962 km||598 miles||519 nm||NNE|
|Tennant Creek||Mon 10:40 PM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Mon 10:40 PM||1132 km||703 miles||611 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Mon 10:10 PM||1269 km||789 miles||685 nm||N|
|Alice Springs||Mon 10:40 PM||1318 km||819 miles||712 nm||SW|
|Manokwari||Mon 10:10 PM||1651 km||1026 miles||891 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Mon 10:10 PM||1805 km||1121 miles||974 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.