Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 1:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 13:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 433.04 meters/second, 1558.9 kilometres/hour, 968.7 miles/hour or 841.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 28.7"||968.50 mi||West||0° 09' 14.1"||10.58 mi||North||968.88 mi|
|24 hours||13° 33' 01.1"||909.81 mi||East||4° 03' 37.2"||279.10 mi||North||958.53 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Katherine||Mon 11:14 PM||99 km||62 miles||54 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Mon 11:14 PM||283 km||176 miles||153 nm||NW|
|Tennant Creek||Mon 11:14 PM||647 km||402 miles||349 nm||S|
|Baucau||Mon 10:44 PM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||NW|
|Same||Mon 10:44 PM||968 km||602 miles||523 nm||WNW|
|Suai||Mon 10:44 PM||985 km||612 miles||532 nm||WNW|
|Dili||Mon 10:44 PM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Mon 11:14 PM||1086 km||675 miles||587 nm||S|
|Cairns||Mon 11:44 PM||1411 km||877 miles||762 nm||ESE|
|Manokwari||Mon 10:44 PM||1449 km||900 miles||782 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.