Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, August 19, 2013 at 4:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, August 19, 2013 at 16:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.74 meters/second, 1561.5 km/hour, 970.3 miles/hour or 843.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.5"||16.17 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||North||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 36.1"||970.09 mi||West||0° 09' 26.3"||10.81 mi||North||970.47 mi|
|24 hours||13° 29' 55.4"||907.71 mi||East||4° 07' 34.0"||283.61 mi||North||957.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Mon 10:30 PM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||WNW|
|The Settlement||Mon 11:00 PM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||ENE|
|Bandung||Mon 11:00 PM||1087 km||675 miles||587 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Mon 11:00 PM||1089 km||676 miles||588 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Mon 11:00 PM||1103 km||685 miles||595 nm||NNE|
|Palembang||Mon 11:00 PM||1269 km||789 miles||685 nm||NNE|
|Semarang||Mon 11:00 PM||1325 km||823 miles||716 nm||ENE|
|Surakarta||Mon 11:00 PM||1330 km||826 miles||718 nm||ENE|
|Malang||Mon 11:00 PM||1484 km||922 miles||801 nm||ENE|
|Surabaya||Mon 11:00 PM||1530 km||951 miles||826 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.