Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 2:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 02:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.87 meters/second, 1572.7 km/hour, 977.3 miles/hour or 849.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.29 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 10.3"||977.11 mi||West||0° 10' 15.3"||11.75 mi||North||977.49 mi|
|24 hours||13° 15' 57.6"||897.92 mi||East||4° 23' 01.1"||301.28 mi||North||953.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barreiras||Mon 11:10 PM||157 km||98 miles||85 nm||E|
|Brasilia||Mon 11:10 PM||458 km||285 miles||248 nm||SSW|
|Goiânia||Mon 11:10 PM||610 km||379 miles||330 nm||SSW|
|Salvador||Mon 11:10 PM||871 km||541 miles||470 nm||E|
|Belém||Mon 11:10 PM||1178 km||732 miles||636 nm||N|
|Fortaleza||Mon 11:10 PM||1255 km||780 miles||678 nm||NE|
|Rio de Janeiro||Mon 11:10 PM||1272 km||790 miles||687 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo||Mon 11:10 PM||1289 km||801 miles||696 nm||S|
|Recife||Mon 11:10 PM||1333 km||828 miles||720 nm||ENE|
|Manaus||Mon 10:10 PM||1787 km||1111 miles||965 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.