Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 4:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 04:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.47 meters/second, 1574.9 km/hour, 978.6 miles/hour or 850.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||North||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 17.2"||978.46 mi||West||0° 10' 23.8"||11.91 mi||North||978.83 mi|
|24 hours||13° 13' 13.5"||895.95 mi||East||4° 25' 37.3"||304.25 mi||North||952.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Huancayo||Mon 11:10 PM||58 km||36 miles||32 nm||S|
|Lima||Mon 11:10 PM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||WSW|
|Callao||Mon 11:10 PM||207 km||129 miles||112 nm||WSW|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Mon 11:10 PM||349 km||217 miles||188 nm||ESE|
|Arequipa||Mon 11:10 PM||673 km||418 miles||364 nm||SE|
|Cobija||Tue 12:10 AM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||E|
|Rio Branco||Tue 12:10 AM||836 km||519 miles||451 nm||ENE|
|Loja||Mon 11:10 PM||941 km||585 miles||508 nm||NNW|
|La Paz||Tue 12:10 AM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||SE|
|Riberalta||Tue 12:10 AM||1010 km||628 miles||545 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.