Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 07:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 07:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.36 meters/second, 1578.1 km/hour, 980.6 miles/hour or 852.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.34 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 27.8"||980.52 mi||west||0° 10' 36.0"||12.15 mi||north||980.89 mi|
|24 hours||13° 09' 07.1"||893.01 mi||east||4° 29' 16.6"||308.45 mi||north||950.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Mon 11:10 PM||1953 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||SW|
|Easter Island||Tue 1:10 AM||2039 km||1267 miles||1101 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Mon 9:10 PM||3384 km||2103 miles||1827 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 1:10 AM||3426 km||2129 miles||1850 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City *||Tue 2:10 AM||4005 km||2489 miles||2163 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Tue 1:10 AM||4222 km||2623 miles||2280 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Tue 1:10 AM||4269 km||2653 miles||2305 nm||NE|
|Managua||Tue 1:10 AM||4425 km||2749 miles||2389 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Tue 1:10 AM||4463 km||2773 miles||2410 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 9:10 PM||4490 km||2790 miles||2424 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.