Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 8:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 08:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.60 meters/second, 1579.0 km/hour, 981.1 miles/hour or 852.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.35 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.35 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 30.5"||980.98 mi||West||0° 10' 39.3"||12.21 mi||North||981.35 mi|
|24 hours||13° 08' 01.1"||892.13 mi||East||4° 30' 12.5"||309.49 mi||North||949.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Mon 10:30 PM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Midnight Mon-Tue||1570 km||976 miles||848 nm||S|
|Papeete||Mon 10:00 PM||2168 km||1347 miles||1171 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island||Tue 2:00 AM||2863 km||1779 miles||1546 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 10:00 PM||3275 km||2035 miles||1768 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 10:00 PM||3313 km||2059 miles||1789 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 9:00 PM||4310 km||2678 miles||2327 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Tue 9:00 PM||4479 km||2783 miles||2419 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Mon 10:00 PM||4641 km||2884 miles||2506 nm||NW|
|Mexico City *||Tue 3:00 AM||4815 km||2992 miles||2600 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.