Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 8:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 08:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.69 meters/second, 1579.3 km/hour, 981.3 miles/hour or 852.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.35 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 31.8"||981.20 mi||West||0° 10' 40.5"||12.23 mi||North||981.56 mi|
|24 hours||13° 07' 34.0"||891.80 mi||East||4° 30' 34.9"||309.92 mi||North||949.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Mon 10:50 PM||487 km||303 miles||263 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Tue 12:20 AM||1674 km||1040 miles||904 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Mon 10:20 PM||1692 km||1052 miles||914 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 10:20 PM||2800 km||1740 miles||1512 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 10:20 PM||2840 km||1765 miles||1534 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island||Tue 2:20 AM||3275 km||2035 miles||1768 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Mon 9:20 PM||3810 km||2367 miles||2057 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 9:20 PM||3919 km||2435 miles||2116 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 9:20 PM||3960 km||2461 miles||2138 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Mon 10:20 PM||4318 km||2683 miles||2331 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.