Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 8:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 08:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.84 meters/second, 1579.8 km/hour, 981.7 miles/hour or 853.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.36 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 33.4"||981.52 mi||West||0° 10' 42.5"||12.27 mi||North||981.88 mi|
|24 hours||13° 06' 53.5"||891.30 mi||East||4° 31' 08.0"||310.55 mi||North||949.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Mon 11:20 PM||398 km||248 miles||215 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Mon 10:50 PM||1056 km||656 miles||570 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Tue 12:50 AM||2068 km||1285 miles||1117 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 10:50 PM||2140 km||1330 miles||1155 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 10:50 PM||2164 km||1345 miles||1168 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Mon 9:50 PM||3067 km||1906 miles||1656 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 9:50 PM||3129 km||1945 miles||1690 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 9:50 PM||3181 km||1977 miles||1718 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 9:50 PM||3658 km||2273 miles||1975 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 10:50 PM||3915 km||2433 miles||2114 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.