Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 9:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.89 meters/second, 1580.0 km/hour, 981.8 miles/hour or 853.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.36 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 34.0"||981.63 mi||West||0° 10' 43.1"||12.28 mi||North||981.99 mi|
|24 hours||13° 06' 40.2"||891.13 mi||East||4° 31' 18.9"||310.76 mi||North||949.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Mon 11:30 PM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Mon 11:00 PM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||SSW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Mon 11:00 PM||965 km||599 miles||521 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:00 PM||1943 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:00 PM||1954 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Tue 1:00 AM||2242 km||1393 miles||1211 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Mon 10:00 PM||2823 km||1754 miles||1524 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:00 PM||2866 km||1781 miles||1548 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 10:00 PM||2922 km||1816 miles||1578 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 10:00 PM||3417 km||2123 miles||1845 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.