Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 9:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.93 meters/second, 1580.2 km/hour, 981.9 miles/hour or 853.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.36 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 34.6"||981.73 mi||West||0° 10' 43.8"||12.29 mi||North||982.10 mi|
|24 hours||13° 06' 26.7"||890.97 mi||East||4° 31' 29.8"||310.97 mi||North||949.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 11:10 PM||790 km||491 miles||427 nm||SSW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Mon 11:10 PM||792 km||492 miles||428 nm||SW|
|Taiohae||Mon 11:40 PM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:10 PM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:10 PM||1765 km||1097 miles||953 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Tue 1:10 AM||2430 km||1510 miles||1312 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Mon 10:10 PM||2582 km||1604 miles||1394 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:10 PM||2603 km||1617 miles||1405 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 10:10 PM||2663 km||1655 miles||1438 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 10:10 PM||3177 km||1974 miles||1716 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.