Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 10:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 10:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.17 meters/second, 1581.0 km/hour, 982.4 miles/hour or 853.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 37.5"||982.26 mi||West||0° 10' 46.8"||12.35 mi||North||982.63 mi|
|24 hours||13° 05' 19.4"||890.13 mi||East||4° 32' 23.3"||311.99 mi||North||948.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Midnight Mon-Tue||1184 km||736 miles||639 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Tue 11:00 PM||1287 km||799 miles||695 nm||W|
|Papeete||Midnight Mon-Tue||1325 km||823 miles||716 nm||SE|
|Apia||Tue 11:00 PM||1381 km||858 miles||746 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Midnight Tue-Wed||1393 km||866 miles||752 nm||N|
|Alofi||Mon 11:00 PM||1462 km||908 miles||789 nm||SW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 11:00 PM||2045 km||1271 miles||1104 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 10:00 PM||2220 km||1380 miles||1199 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Tue 10:00 PM||2346 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||W|
|Suva||Tue 10:00 PM||2520 km||1566 miles||1361 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.