Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 10:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.22 meters/second, 1581.2 km/hour, 982.5 miles/hour or 853.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 38.0"||982.37 mi||West||0° 10' 47.5"||12.36 mi||North||982.73 mi|
|24 hours||13° 05' 06.1"||889.96 mi||East||4° 32' 33.8"||312.19 mi||North||948.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Tue 11:10 PM||1027 km||638 miles||555 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 11:10 PM||1132 km||703 miles||611 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 12:10 AM||1209 km||751 miles||653 nm||S|
|Alofi||Mon 11:10 PM||1277 km||793 miles||689 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 12:10 AM||1460 km||907 miles||788 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Tue 12:10 AM||1545 km||960 miles||834 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Tue 11:10 PM||1842 km||1145 miles||995 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 10:10 PM||1998 km||1242 miles||1079 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Tue 10:10 PM||2081 km||1293 miles||1124 nm||W|
|Suva||Tue 10:10 PM||2278 km||1416 miles||1230 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.