Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 11:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 11:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.50 meters/second, 1582.2 km/hour, 983.1 miles/hour or 854.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 41.5"||983.00 mi||West||0° 10' 51.1"||12.43 mi||North||983.36 mi|
|24 hours||13° 03' 45.8"||888.96 mi||East||4° 33' 35.8"||313.37 mi||North||947.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mata-Utu||Tue 11:10 PM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:10 PM||525 km||326 miles||284 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:10 AM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||E|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Wed 12:10 AM||590 km||366 miles||318 nm||SE|
|Apia||Wed 12:10 AM||634 km||394 miles||342 nm||SE|
|Pago Pago||Tue 12:10 AM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||SE|
|Labasa||Tue 11:10 PM||817 km||508 miles||441 nm||SSW|
|Neiafu||Wed 12:10 AM||957 km||594 miles||517 nm||SSE|
|Rawaki||Wed 12:10 AM||962 km||598 miles||519 nm||NE|
|Kanton Island||Wed 12:10 AM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.