Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 12:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 12:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.93 meters/second, 1583.8 kilometres/hour, 984.1 miles/hour or 855.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 46.9"||983.98 mi||West||0° 10' 56.5"||12.53 mi||North||984.33 mi|
|24 hours||13° 01' 40.8"||887.38 mi||East||4° 35' 08.3"||315.13 mi||North||946.68 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Tue 11:44 PM||132 km||82 miles||71 nm||WNW|
|Gizo||Tue 11:44 PM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||WNW|
|Arawa||Tue 10:44 PM||732 km||455 miles||395 nm||NW|
|Luganville||Tue 11:44 PM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Tue 11:44 PM||1162 km||722 miles||628 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Wed 12:44 AM||1239 km||770 miles||669 nm||NNE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 10:44 PM||1516 km||942 miles||818 nm||W|
|Cairns||Tue 10:44 PM||1813 km||1127 miles||979 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 12:44 AM||1838 km||1142 miles||992 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Tue 11:44 PM||1902 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.