Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.48 meters/second, 1585.7 km/hour, 985.3 miles/hour or 856.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 53.8"||985.20 mi||West||0° 11' 03.2"||12.66 mi||North||985.55 mi|
|24 hours||12° 59' 02.4"||885.37 mi||East||4° 36' 59.0"||317.24 mi||North||945.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Wed 12:14 AM||337 km||210 miles||182 nm||SSW|
|Baucau||Tue 11:44 PM||635 km||394 miles||343 nm||WNW|
|Same||Tue 11:44 PM||712 km||442 miles||385 nm||W|
|Dili||Tue 11:44 PM||727 km||452 miles||393 nm||W|
|Suai||Tue 11:44 PM||752 km||467 miles||406 nm||W|
|Ambon||Tue 11:44 PM||790 km||491 miles||427 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Tue 10:44 PM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Tue 11:44 PM||998 km||620 miles||539 nm||NNE|
|Kendari||Tue 10:44 PM||1231 km||765 miles||665 nm||WNW|
|Jayapura||Tue 11:44 PM||1237 km||769 miles||668 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.