Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 3:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 15:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.55 meters/second, 1586.0 km/hour, 985.5 miles/hour or 856.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 54.8"||985.36 mi||West||0° 11' 04.1"||12.68 mi||North||985.71 mi|
|24 hours||12° 58' 41.4"||885.10 mi||East||4° 37' 13.0"||317.50 mi||North||945.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baucau||Midnight Tue-Wed||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||WNW|
|Same||Midnight Tue-Wed||293 km||182 miles||158 nm||WNW|
|Dili||Midnight Tue-Wed||316 km||196 miles||171 nm||WNW|
|Suai||Midnight Tue-Wed||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||W|
|Darwin||Wed 12:30 AM||423 km||263 miles||228 nm||SE|
|Kupang||Tue 11:00 PM||514 km||320 miles||278 nm||W|
|Ambon||Midnight Tue-Wed||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||N|
|Ende||Tue 11:00 PM||728 km||452 miles||393 nm||W|
|Kendari||Tue 11:00 PM||889 km||552 miles||480 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Tue 11:00 PM||1094 km||680 miles||590 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.