Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 3:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 15:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 440.64 meters/second, 1586.3 kilometres/hour, 985.7 miles/hour or 856.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 55.9"||985.56 mi||West||0° 11' 05.2"||12.70 mi||North||985.91 mi|
|24 hours||12° 58' 15.3"||884.76 mi||East||4° 37' 30.4"||317.83 mi||North||944.85 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kupang||Tue 11:20 PM||68 km||42 miles||37 nm||SSE|
|Suai||Wed 12:20 AM||203 km||126 miles||109 nm||E|
|Ende||Tue 11:20 PM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||WNW|
|Same||Wed 12:20 AM||252 km||157 miles||136 nm||ENE|
|Dili||Wed 12:20 AM||262 km||162 miles||141 nm||ENE|
|Baucau||Wed 12:20 AM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||ENE|
|Raba||Tue 11:20 PM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||WNW|
|Kendari||Tue 11:20 PM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||N|
|Makassar||Tue 11:20 PM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||NW|
|Mataram||Tue 11:20 PM||813 km||505 miles||439 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.