Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.18 meters/second, 1595.4 km/hour, 991.4 miles/hour or 861.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.52 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 30.7"||991.25 mi||west||0° 11' 33.1"||13.23 mi||north||991.56 mi|
|24 hours||12° 45' 15.5"||874.43 mi||east||4° 44' 31.2"||325.84 mi||north||936.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Tue 11:34 PM||944 km||587 miles||510 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Tue 10:34 PM||1119 km||695 miles||604 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Tue 10:34 PM||1591 km||989 miles||859 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Tue 10:34 PM||1615 km||1004 miles||872 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Wed 1:34 AM||2185 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Wed 1:34 AM||2193 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Wed 1:34 AM||2256 km||1402 miles||1218 nm||NNE|
|Jamestown||Wed 1:34 AM||2265 km||1408 miles||1223 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Wed 1:34 AM||2383 km||1480 miles||1286 nm||NNE|
|Praia||Wed 12:34 AM||2498 km||1552 miles||1349 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.