Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 01:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM|
|This phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 01:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.21 meters/second, 1595.6 km/hour, 991.4 miles/hour or 861.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.52 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 31.1"||991.34 mi||west||0° 11' 33.5"||13.24 mi||north||991.65 mi|
|24 hours||12° 45' 03.3"||874.26 mi||east||4° 44' 36.2"||325.94 mi||north||936.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Tue 11:44 PM||712 km||442 miles||384 nm||NW|
|Recife||Tue 10:44 PM||854 km||531 miles||461 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Tue 10:44 PM||1335 km||830 miles||721 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Tue 10:44 PM||1375 km||854 miles||742 nm||WSW|
|Freetown||Wed 1:44 AM||2356 km||1464 miles||1272 nm||NE|
|Monrovia||Wed 1:44 AM||2380 km||1479 miles||1285 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Wed 1:44 AM||2409 km||1497 miles||1301 nm||NE|
|Rio de Janeiro||Tue 10:44 PM||2415 km||1501 miles||1304 nm||SW|
|Brasilia||Tue 10:44 PM||2432 km||1511 miles||1313 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Tue 10:44 PM||2461 km||1529 miles||1329 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.