Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 02:04:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 02:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.29 meters/second, 1595.8 km/hour, 991.6 miles/hour or 861.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.53 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||north||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 32.2"||991.51 mi||west||0° 11' 34.3"||13.25 mi||north||991.81 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 38.9"||873.92 mi||east||4° 44' 46.1"||326.13 mi||north||936.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Tue 11:04 PM||327 km||203 miles||176 nm||W|
|Fernando de Noronha||Wed 12:04 AM||405 km||252 miles||219 nm||N|
|Natal||Tue 11:04 PM||412 km||256 miles||222 nm||WNW|
|Maceió||Tue 11:04 PM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 11:04 PM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Tue 11:04 PM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||SW|
|Belém||Tue 11:04 PM||1951 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia||Tue 11:04 PM||1958 km||1217 miles||1057 nm||WSW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Tue 11:04 PM||2087 km||1297 miles||1127 nm||SSW|
|São Paulo||Tue 11:04 PM||2366 km||1470 miles||1277 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.