Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.40 meters/second, 1596.2 km/hour, 991.9 miles/hour or 861.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 33.8"||991.75 mi||West||0° 11' 35.3"||13.27 mi||North||992.05 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 03.8"||873.44 mi||East||4° 45' 00.0"||326.39 mi||North||935.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Juàzeiro do Norte||Tue 11:34 PM||49 km||30 miles||26 nm||WNW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 11:34 PM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||N|
|Maceió||Tue 11:34 PM||429 km||266 miles||231 nm||SE|
|Natal||Tue 11:34 PM||450 km||280 miles||243 nm||ENE|
|Recife||Tue 11:34 PM||451 km||280 miles||243 nm||E|
|Salvador||Tue 11:34 PM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||S|
|Fernando de Noronha||Wed 12:34 AM||823 km||511 miles||444 nm||ENE|
|Belém||Tue 11:34 PM||1248 km||775 miles||674 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia||Tue 11:34 PM||1343 km||834 miles||725 nm||SW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Tue 11:34 PM||1777 km||1104 miles||959 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.