Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 3:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 03:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.53 meters/second, 1596.7 km/hour, 992.1 miles/hour or 862.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 35.8"||992.05 mi||West||0° 11' 36.6"||13.30 mi||North||992.35 mi|
|24 hours||12° 43' 20.3"||872.84 mi||East||4° 45' 16.6"||326.71 mi||North||935.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Araguaína||Wed 12:10 AM||67 km||42 miles||36 nm||WNW|
|São Félix do Xingu||Wed 12:10 AM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||W|
|Belém||Wed 12:10 AM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||N|
|Brasilia||Wed 12:10 AM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||S|
|Fortaleza||Wed 12:10 AM||1083 km||673 miles||585 nm||ENE|
|Salvador||Wed 12:10 AM||1180 km||733 miles||637 nm||ESE|
|Recife||Wed 12:10 AM||1405 km||873 miles||759 nm||E|
|Manaus||Tue 11:10 PM||1452 km||902 miles||784 nm||WNW|
|Cayenne||Wed 12:10 AM||1454 km||903 miles||785 nm||NNW|
|Paramaribo||Wed 12:10 AM||1679 km||1043 miles||906 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.