Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 8:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 08:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.68 meters/second, 1600.8 km/hour, 994.7 miles/hour or 864.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 53.9"||994.62 mi||West||0° 11' 47.1"||13.50 mi||North||994.90 mi|
|24 hours||12° 36' 47.1"||867.29 mi||East||4° 47' 16.2"||328.98 mi||North||930.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Wed 12:44 AM||2094 km||1301 miles||1130 nm||S|
|Papeete||Tue 10:44 PM||2645 km||1643 miles||1428 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island||Wed 2:44 AM||3045 km||1892 miles||1644 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 10:44 PM||3369 km||2093 miles||1819 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 10:44 PM||3792 km||2356 miles||2047 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City *||Wed 3:44 AM||4261 km||2647 miles||2301 nm||NE|
|Galapagos Islands||Wed 2:44 AM||4318 km||2683 miles||2332 nm||E|
|Hermosillo||Wed 1:44 AM||4320 km||2684 miles||2333 nm||NNE|
|Honolulu||Tue 10:44 PM||4454 km||2768 miles||2405 nm||NW|
|Los Angeles *||Wed 1:44 AM||4579 km||2845 miles||2473 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.