Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 9:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.73 meters/second, 1601.0 kilometres/hour, 994.8 miles/hour or 864.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 54.6"||994.74 mi||West||0° 11' 47.5"||13.50 mi||North||995.01 mi|
|24 hours||12° 36' 28.7"||867.03 mi||East||4° 47' 20.3"||329.06 mi||North||930.09 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 11:30 PM||886 km||551 miles||479 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 1:00 AM||2098 km||1304 miles||1133 nm||S|
|Papeete||Tue 11:00 PM||2287 km||1421 miles||1235 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:00 PM||2956 km||1837 miles||1596 nm||WNW|
|Easter Island||Wed 3:00 AM||3330 km||2069 miles||1798 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:00 PM||3427 km||2129 miles||1850 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:00 PM||4153 km||2581 miles||2242 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:00 PM||4339 km||2696 miles||2343 nm||W|
|Alofi||Tue 10:00 PM||4348 km||2702 miles||2348 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Wed 10:00 PM||4438 km||2758 miles||2396 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.