Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.73 meters/second, 1601.0 km/hour, 994.8 miles/hour or 864.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.58 mi||west||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||north||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 54.7"||994.75 mi||west||0° 11' 47.5"||13.51 mi||north||995.02 mi|
|24 hours||12° 36' 27.4"||867.01 mi||east||4° 47' 20.6"||329.06 mi||north||930.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 11:30 PM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 1:00 AM||2102 km||1306 miles||1135 nm||S|
|Papeete||Tue 11:00 PM||2263 km||1406 miles||1222 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:00 PM||2927 km||1819 miles||1581 nm||WNW|
|Easter Island||Wed 3:00 AM||3351 km||2082 miles||1810 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:00 PM||3401 km||2114 miles||1837 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:00 PM||4133 km||2568 miles||2231 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:00 PM||4313 km||2680 miles||2329 nm||W|
|Alofi||Tue 10:00 PM||4320 km||2685 miles||2333 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Wed 10:00 PM||4409 km||2740 miles||2381 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.